Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Report From Little Rock AFB, AR (2)

Ok I just hit the wrong key and posted a very short report.

I am Settled in and doing great here at School. We are getting some experience on the C-130 and lots of classroom time. We have 10 people in our class and meet every day but the weekends. We took our first test and I guess my study time payed off cuz I was the only one that got 100%. M room is like 2 college dorm rooms divided by a bathroom, they used to be 2 separate rooms with the bathroom shared but now one room is a bedroom and the other is set up like a living room. I will try to give you pictures as soon as I get the cable to download them from my camera.

There is a nice 1/4 mile running track just a block from my building, and a 1/2 mile path around the track, that I have been trying to use daily. So far I have not gotten up every day but I have gone about 6 times so far. The gym is set up really nice and has everything a really nice top end health club would have. It is getting colder so as it gets too cold I can start walking on a 1/8 mile track inside and use the treadmills, elliptical and stationary bikes. The only reason I won't stay in shape or even get in better shape is if I get lazy.

I get to attend a church just a few miles outside the base and have already gotten to know a few good folks. They were excited to hear a few of my stories about helping with the building of the Palmyra Temple, and getting to carry in the stained glass windows.

I really miss the family and love to check out TJ's updates as often as I see them. We are trying to narrow down the dates for Christmas break and get tickets to fly me home for a few days! I will give another report soon and hopefully add a few photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment